Hi! My name is Lauren and I live with my husband in a sunny apartment in West Texas. The dirt blows a lot, but the people more than make up for the dust in your teeth.
I studied English Literature in college and it still makes my heart beat fast. I still write book reports in journals, and have very one sided book critiques with my husband. (He is a very good listener)
So I thought I'd write those here too.
I think in stories. I get inspired by stories. And I can predict TV shows like nobody's business.
But stories are also how God speaks to my heart and how I communicate with others.
This is my story space.
Thanks for stopping by!
Favorites, in no particular order.
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessil
- Salted Caramel Lattes
- 55 degree mornings
- Zumba and any dance aerobics-based workout
- You've Got Mail by Nora Ephron
- I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
- .... really anything by Nora Ephron
- Coconut oil
- Rosebud Salve
- Pillowtop mattresses
- Seoul coffee shops
- Seoul in general
- The words "Me too!"
- Weekend trips with girlfriends
- Jane Austen
- A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
- Elise Blaha Cripe's blog
- Pilot G-2 07 pens
- Egg-in-a-hole for breakfast
- Breakfast for dinner
- Kate Spade
- A made bed